Salam wrb,
Have I ever mention that one of my favourite view (besides bright twinkling star filling the sky) is watching kids being kids? I think I've written a few post on boys being boys, my pupils coming out of the school building with smiles plastered on their face when they saw their parents. As you know, my main business everyday involves children aged 7 - 12. These are handful lots with 1000001 attitudes. Some are really adorable while some are really testing my patience and teaching skills. The truth is, if you ask any teacher, no matter how many times the child drive a teacher mad, they'll never keep it in their heart. A teacher is always willing to forgive and walk into the class on the next day as if yesterday's event has never taken place.
Forget about classroom management, today I had the chance to bring my kids to the pertuturan berirama (choral speaking in BM) to SK Mutiara Rini 2. After the competition, we had to wait nearly an hour for the bus to pick us up. So, two of my colleagues and I just sat at the school hall with the kids. We let the children loose that day. No shouting, no yelling. Yup, no teaching day. It is a bless to let them be who they really are: kids.
Even though they do not have any football ball, my boys quickly found something to entertain themselves. They played football and rugby using an empty mineral bottle. I love seeing boys playing. They seldom 'merajuk', 'terasa hati' and stuff. Most of the times they'll grab one another, they'll fall, they'll kick each other but at the end of the day they will always finish the game with a satisfaction on their face.
While the boys were busy playing 'bottleball', the girls too played something else. They decided to play hide and seek. As the school was empty (we were the last team to leave the school) they had to school to themselves. So they can run, play, shout and many other things they are forbidden to do during the usual school days.
Just as the kids were busy having the best times of their life, my colleagues and I just sat and watch the kids. We had a good chat about the competition, the kids, school, etc... Kids being kids. I love it when they could run and have fun. But, yeah, education is a must. Discipline is important. So, when Monday comes, we'll all be a discipline teacher once again. Playing our role as a teacher as well. Yes kids you can run, shout, play but only outside the classroom. Once you step inside the classroom, let's focus on something serious ok.

0 comments:
Post a Comment