One thing about using text book in class is I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO TEACH using text book. I am so used to writing everything on the mahjong paper that I don't really know how to use this teaching material that is available all the time.
Here are the reasons:
1. I don't know if the students are merely parroting my every sentence or they are reading from the book
2. It's easier for them to be off task
3. I can't show where to start or read somewhere in the middle of text as the truth 50% of the students can't even read.
4. I can write the keyword on the board but they do not know where the word is in the text.
It gets me thinking...
Should I revert to using mahjong paper in class? The problem is I don't have one and the school does not provide manila card.
However, GB has been complaining that teacher does not use ICT. My main problem is I can't control the students. So, I am afraid that they will start playing with the computer. Playing as in pull out a wire, etc.
Maybe I should buy mahjong paper the next time I go to Sri Aman. I think I'd really need to use one in class. It's easier to show where to focus, to highlight the keywords, etc. This means more work but it's better that not knowing how to teach in class.
Problem, problem... Takpe, ujian menandakan Allah sayang.
About Me
- Madam Afifah
Orang yang menyebut dan mengingati Allah semasa mereka berdiri, duduk dan semasa mereka berbaring mengiring dan mereka pula memikirkan tentang kejadian di langit dan bumi sambil berkata "Wahai Tuhan kami! Tidaklah Engkau menjadikan semua ini dengan sia-sia. Maha Suci Engkau, maka peliharalah kami daripada azab neraka."
(3:191)
(3:191)

3 comments:
Ahah. similar problem again. Using textbook. i dun really knw how to use it as well. but when i enter the class, the students will ask me, "teacher, textbook mukesurat brape?". even before i start saying a word..
Maybe pah, u can use the textbook for exercises. but when teaching, use lots of ABM..
use projector lah
jadi semua boleh baca reramai
nadai projector dalam kelas
Post a Comment