Many said that naughty children are those who are lack of love. Is it true that they didn't get any attention from their mom and dad? Is it true that they come from an unappy family?
Or is it me?
I don't know what to do anymore. They would not listen at ALL. I dragged my feet to their class. All I know is I have to force myself. I keep on telling myself that it is my responsibility. They talked, play, walk here and there when I am TEACHING and TALKING.
Please can I not teach this class anymore? I'm so stressed up. Just thinking about them is making me angry. (Sigh). Seriously, they make me feel like quitting from this profession. Haha... and it has only been a month. Please Allah, help me. I'm at dead end. I'm tired of shouting. I have tried staring. I have tried to be nice. I have tried everything that I could.
What do they really want? What should I do to make them listen? Should I tell stories? In what language? Malay or English? Should I try doing positive reinforcement... the smiley thingy? Maybe I should.
You should have seen me in that class. Huhu....
In my first week, I taught 4A, 1A and 4D. In the second week the PK1 has reshuffled the time table. Huhu... this is when I get this class. No wonder Hafis (one of the new teachers who came with me) changed school. A combination of 3B and 2B, I think I would feel like quitting. These children are driving their teachers mad. I had to control myself from hitting them. I had to stop myself from walking out of the class and I had to force myself to keep going.
Will it be much better in the future? It's only February. 9 more months to go. What if they are not learning at all.
Help, anyone....
Or is it me?
I don't know what to do anymore. They would not listen at ALL. I dragged my feet to their class. All I know is I have to force myself. I keep on telling myself that it is my responsibility. They talked, play, walk here and there when I am TEACHING and TALKING.
Please can I not teach this class anymore? I'm so stressed up. Just thinking about them is making me angry. (Sigh). Seriously, they make me feel like quitting from this profession. Haha... and it has only been a month. Please Allah, help me. I'm at dead end. I'm tired of shouting. I have tried staring. I have tried to be nice. I have tried everything that I could.
What do they really want? What should I do to make them listen? Should I tell stories? In what language? Malay or English? Should I try doing positive reinforcement... the smiley thingy? Maybe I should.
You should have seen me in that class. Huhu....
In my first week, I taught 4A, 1A and 4D. In the second week the PK1 has reshuffled the time table. Huhu... this is when I get this class. No wonder Hafis (one of the new teachers who came with me) changed school. A combination of 3B and 2B, I think I would feel like quitting. These children are driving their teachers mad. I had to control myself from hitting them. I had to stop myself from walking out of the class and I had to force myself to keep going.
Will it be much better in the future? It's only February. 9 more months to go. What if they are not learning at all.
Help, anyone....

8 comments:
hmm..rupe2nye masalah pah lagi teruk. How to make them sit still and learn??
Maybe Pah kne cari sumthing yg boleh buat dieorg really curios and interested. Tapi problemnye, lack of resources and time to prepare.
Do pray a lot! Hope that Allah bukakan hati dieorg utk blaja..dan kuatkan semangat Pah utk terus mendidik..
I'm doing the same thing.. =)
All d best! We'll have each other to encourage and share everything..
salam, br jumpe your blog yg ni ;p hurm, dr norasiah once told me if u really cant hold it, give them a pinch (on stomach) bukan pinch yg halus tu, yg mcm pulas je. one more spot is their sideburns. my year 1 kids pon are making me climbing the wall setiap kali masuk. plus bau2 yg.. hurm, ehem2.. haha.. enuf about that.. anyway, gud luck ye and keep going. insyaAllah u can do it.
haha... bau2 adalah perkara biasa.
thanks for ur advice mi and soy..
i guess kene doa banyak2 + usaha nak tarik perhatian buadak2 ni..
huhu...
baru terjumpa blog ni...heh...yeah pipah...YOU CAN DO IT...seingat aku r mase kat SKAD, ko tak cukup garang kot...but that's just who you are...you don't need to be fierce just to make them learn...I'm sure there r a few who want to learn...teach them, ignore the others...I don't think their families are even concern about their learning anyway ;p
saam fifah. i had these problems during my prac with my form 2 kids.
i know its hard. i was hard for me too. i usually bring lots of abm, do lots of hand on. and try to break the big tasks into smaller tasks so that they wont feel bored. say after u teach them about "i will", ask them to write 2 sentences about things they will do tomorrow. ag "i will _____ tomorrow".
and then check their answer. then, the next task, ask them what will they do next week " i will _________ next week" and then check.
thats how mdm lum yoke lin told me to do. it works, and they are on the task everytime.
get them involved in the lesson. do not let them copy notes. always asks them to help u solve the problems in front. like pasting photos on the wboard. or circle the correct word and stuff.
show that u care, they'll like u for it.
hope this works!
nisa.
hang in there fifa
huhu
rupa2nya kita semua menghadapi masalah yg sama: students with CHRONIC avoidance of work.
nisa gave very good suggestions. might try them myself.
i'm really glad TESLians suka tulis blog. through this medium, we can really share our pains and gains. and we can comfort ourselves with the thought: we're all in this together! :-)
apiz: tak cukup garang ke? maybe garang yg tak konsisten. so students know that they can go over the limit and this teacher may or may not scold me...
nisa: tengkiu the very the much nisa for ur suggestion. i'll try to do that and see how it goes. many has suggested to do more hands-on and interactive lesson, but the first thing i do reeeallly need to do is to make them sit and listen. they don't even bother to listen to my instructions.. huhu... but i'll try it anyway. nnti i'll tell you how it goes
syada: good luck to you too syada. yup, it's good that we can learn from each other and know that someone out there understand ur situation..
i know its hard to make them sit tight. go psychology with them.
say, saye dah buat mcm2 . takkan takkan dgr taknak dgr sikit pun?
though in your case it would be harder coz they're primary kids, susah nak main perasaan sikit.
what i did last time, was being very garang! very! bawak pembaris panjang to class and bang their table if u have too.
bukan kite let go of our anger or anything, but just to get them sit still. then, you let loose slowly.
;) good luck fifah!
Post a Comment