Today I sat with the kids while they were watching tv. They were watching a documentary about baboon or something and how these monkeys are supposed to have blood connections with us.. human. Anyway, as usual the girls will stand around me to ask lots of questions. Suddenly, a girl said: cikgu, sudah seminggu dia tak datang. mata dia sakit cikgu. I looked at her. Out of the blue, her eyes were watery and she started to cry. Haih, my heart cried along with her. I asked her a few times why she cried but she gave no reply. Her friends said she cried because her eyes hurt. Well.... she would be able to fool me if I am still a 10 year-old. Another girl then said: cikgu kepala dia sakit. Dia demam. I gave another sigh. Her sister (the girl with conjunctivitis) is not well too. Haih, how can I help you. It's already 8pm. The clinic would be close by now. The best that I can say is "it's ok, we'll go to the clinic tomorrow".
Naun (one of the PPM) told me that these kids are from ulu. They had to travel by boat to school. One of my girls who did not attend school last did not come because her parents did not have enough money to pay for the boat's petrol. I was shock when I heard about this. I didn't know that some of these kids have to travel that far. Now, I look at them in a different perspective. What break my heart the most is that compared to other students, these students' clothes looks worn out and dirty. I hope all of them will grow into a good person and they are able to help their family in the future.
And it made me think that I should be thankful that I am born in such a loving family. My parents cared about my education. They have educated me for both now and then. They bought new clothes for me, bed for me to sleep on, books, toys and many many many more. Easier said compared to these kids I was spoilt. hehe...
hee... not really, you can ask most of my good friends when I was in school and yeah my siblings too, my parents were very strict. They were then. One memory which makes me laugh until now is that once upon a time ago, I cried when I was folding the clothes because my mum did not let me to watch my favourite movie then. Mind you it was not just my own. It was a mount of clothes because there were everyone's clothes. Sometimes if I fold the clothes while watching tv, folding these clothes can take up to two hours. But it was my own fault, mak had asked me to do the chores a few times and I ignored her order. So, serve me right =P
Anyway back to the main topic, I love these kids eventhough sometimes they did not listen to me or they asked me questions which I find irrelevent. They are sweet in their own way.
Till then, wassalam.
Naun (one of the PPM) told me that these kids are from ulu. They had to travel by boat to school. One of my girls who did not attend school last did not come because her parents did not have enough money to pay for the boat's petrol. I was shock when I heard about this. I didn't know that some of these kids have to travel that far. Now, I look at them in a different perspective. What break my heart the most is that compared to other students, these students' clothes looks worn out and dirty. I hope all of them will grow into a good person and they are able to help their family in the future.
And it made me think that I should be thankful that I am born in such a loving family. My parents cared about my education. They have educated me for both now and then. They bought new clothes for me, bed for me to sleep on, books, toys and many many many more. Easier said compared to these kids I was spoilt. hehe...
hee... not really, you can ask most of my good friends when I was in school and yeah my siblings too, my parents were very strict. They were then. One memory which makes me laugh until now is that once upon a time ago, I cried when I was folding the clothes because my mum did not let me to watch my favourite movie then. Mind you it was not just my own. It was a mount of clothes because there were everyone's clothes. Sometimes if I fold the clothes while watching tv, folding these clothes can take up to two hours. But it was my own fault, mak had asked me to do the chores a few times and I ignored her order. So, serve me right =P
Anyway back to the main topic, I love these kids eventhough sometimes they did not listen to me or they asked me questions which I find irrelevent. They are sweet in their own way.
Till then, wassalam.

2 comments:
fifah the spoilt brat ;p
biaq pi la =P
Post a Comment