CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stories of My Life

Assalamualaikum wrb,

Don't you just love to gaze at the sky and look at the stars? You dont? Well, I DO. I love looking at the sky especially at a place where the sky is not polluted by the shine of lights from buildings, cars and lamp post. This is when I will appreciate the beauty of the stars. This is when you can see all the stars and you can see thousands.... millions of them right from where you stand.

I had once in a lifetime opportunity to look at the sky and that stars were all I could see. Around three years ago, I went for my first trip to Melbourne. There were around 20 of us from brissy. There were five cars if i'm not mistaken. When I stepped into Avalon Airport, all I could see was welcoming faces who then become sisters that I can never forget for the rest of my life. I can still recall the look on kak baie's face, the jacket she wore and the smile that she had on her face until now. We, the brissians, were divided into five cars. I can't remember who drove the car that I was in. I was nervous then. I didn't know that they'll be so friendly eventhough we have never met before. Later... much much later I learned this is what we call ukhuwwah fillah. No matter who you are and where you come from we are all sisters in Islam.

Suddenly, the car showed sign that it was going to stop. So, the driver pulled off the road and stop there. Alhamdulillah there was a car right behind us. The car stopped too. Next, everyone tried to start the car but the car stood still showing no sign that it was going to start We needed to jump start the car but we didn't have the equipment. Thus, our last resort was to call the RACQ... err I can't remember what is it call in Melbourne. It's like MAA. The insurance company that we joined in case anything happen to our vehicle. If you have never been to Melbourne let me give you a brief overview of where the Avalon Airport. There are 2 airports in Melbourne. The first one is Tullamarine International Airport. It's like KLIA in Malaysia. The other one is Avalon Airport where only Jetstar land there. Jetsar is like AirAsia in Malaysia and Avalon Airport is like LCCT. However, Tullamarine is nearer to the CBD compared to Avalon. That's why it is cheaper to fly on Jetstar than to fly on VirginBlue or Qantas.

Back to the main story, I don't know what was the temperature but it was enough to make us huddled together just to keep ourselves warm. Thank God the other car is fine. We took turn to sit in that car as the heater was on. However, the most significant event which I can never forget is the sky was FULL of stars that night. I have never seen such view. It was sooooo breathtaking. Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah. Allah had given me a once in a lifetime opportunity. I am so grateful to Allah for giving me that chance. All I could see was STARS. and they were super BRIGHT. You know, in the Quran, many times Allah mentions, if you want to know your creator you have to look around you and think. Think, think, think. Nothing happen on its own. Look from the simplest form of organism to the most complex ones and you'll realise that there must be a SUPER DUPER POWER ruling the earth, galaxy this world. We, the muslims, believe that Allah created this earth, and everything in it.

Anyway, I can never get enough of the sky. Today I had the chance to sit at the back at the car and all I had to do was gaze at the sky. Haaaa.... 3:191 Rabbana ma halaqta haza batila subhanaka faqina a'zabannar. Recite this du'a everytime the earth, the sky, the mountains, the hills, rainbow and many more amazes you to show your gratitude and your faith to HIM.

Today, if you ask me if I want to go to OZ. Oh yes, it's on the top of my list. BUT there is no reason for me to be there anymore. I had done my part when I was there. I had grabbed all the opportunities and chances I had to explore Queensland and Victoria. When I was at the Brisbane International Airport, the immigration officer looked at me and my eyes were red because I cried before I went into the departure gate. I was still crying when we were lining up to get my passport stamped. He looked at me and he asked "You are coming back, aren't you?" All I could do was shook my head and deep in my heart I knew that it was true. I also knew that if I open my mouth to answer his question, my tears will roll down my cheek again. He then stamped my passport and whether I want it or not I had to get on the plane to Kuala Lumpur. It's different now. Then, I was paid to study. So money was not much an issue if I saved enough. Now, going would mean spending the money I had worked for and I know it is not that important to be there anymore.

InsyaAllah, with Allah's will, if I ever get the chance to further my studies to a higher level, I may go back to the country of Downunder. I miss it very much. However, there are more important things that I should save and spend my salary on. All I can do now is to be a grateful servant of Allah for all the blessings He had showered me with. Two years was short but it was one of the most meaningful part of my life that it is so priceless that I keep it in a special drawer in my heart. HamdanLillah, SyukranLillah. Thank You Allah. Thank You Allah. Thank You Allah.

I know that Allah has His plan when He sent me to Sarawak. Maybe it's part of growing up. Or maybe it is a sign that I should learn to stand on my two feet. La Tahzan Innallahama'ana. I am not sad anymore. I am learning to love Sarawak but... There are a few things that I need to overcome. Hey, it's part of tarbiyyah. Be optimistic and learn to overcome it. Smile and be patient. Learn to be stronger and have faith in Allah.

Till then, wassalam.

3 comments:

Rosyada said...

fifa! this entry brings back all those memories of melbourne!

i had a similar experience with the night sky of melbourne too... subhanallah...

and it was during a jaulah with sisters i had just met too.

"Two years was short but it was one of the most meaningful part of my life"<--- very true!

izy said...

i'm appreaciating what Allah is giving to me right now..

will update the same post like you when i am back in Msia.. hehe

Madam Afifah said...

syada: i think maybe because there are less cloud in oz compared to malaysia. that's why the stars are clearer in oz compared to malaysia

izy: hee, nak tulis entry macam ni ke izy? make the best of oz while you can dear. take care.