Money, money, money (sing acc to the Donald Trump's The Apprentice theme song)
I am one person with very very bad money management. Since young abah complained about my buying habit. I tend to sepeeeeennnnd. If not myself ,I would spend for other people.
Now that I have started working, I have to pay my own bills, car loan, flight ticket, books that I bought, in other word...everythinglah on my own. I used to say these magic words to abah "Abah nak ni.. Abah nak tu". However, now that I have to manage my own money, then only I realised why abah say NO most of the times and always tells me to berjimat-cermat. Tell you, it's not easy.
As this is the first yearI am managing my own money, abah reminded me of a few things that I need to watch out each year
Here are the things that I have to think about each year
1. If you have a car (and this is your first year owning it), bear in mind that every year you'll have to renew your road tax and insurance. A myvi will take up to 800 for the insurance and only around 80 for the tax. An international car (meaning not Proton or Perodua) will cost more.
2. Yearly income tax. This will take up to one month salary. So for us new teachers, the maximum amount will be around RM1900.
3. During festive season, I will no longer get angpau (huhu..). Now it's my turn to give duit raye to the kids.
To collect RM2700 at one shot is not easy for me (eventhough I am posted to Sarawak). So what I do each month is I list out the things that I will have to pay. As soon as the money goes into my account, I will pay all the bills and put aside some money for essentials. When the money has been tranferred or paid ,I will tick my list. This way I will be able to check and also make sure that I do not overlook any important matters. I will also list out any extra things that I might have to buy or pay. After that, I will look at how much I am left with. Then only I can spend without worrying of over spending.
Alhamdulillah, so far I am managing well. I manage to save some money (not much but insyaAllah enough for the rainy days).
Okes till then, wassalam..
Salam ramadhan
I am one person with very very bad money management. Since young abah complained about my buying habit. I tend to sepeeeeennnnd. If not myself ,I would spend for other people.
Now that I have started working, I have to pay my own bills, car loan, flight ticket, books that I bought, in other word...everythinglah on my own. I used to say these magic words to abah "Abah nak ni.. Abah nak tu". However, now that I have to manage my own money, then only I realised why abah say NO most of the times and always tells me to berjimat-cermat. Tell you, it's not easy.
As this is the first yearI am managing my own money, abah reminded me of a few things that I need to watch out each year
Here are the things that I have to think about each year
1. If you have a car (and this is your first year owning it), bear in mind that every year you'll have to renew your road tax and insurance. A myvi will take up to 800 for the insurance and only around 80 for the tax. An international car (meaning not Proton or Perodua) will cost more.
2. Yearly income tax. This will take up to one month salary. So for us new teachers, the maximum amount will be around RM1900.
3. During festive season, I will no longer get angpau (huhu..). Now it's my turn to give duit raye to the kids.
To collect RM2700 at one shot is not easy for me (eventhough I am posted to Sarawak). So what I do each month is I list out the things that I will have to pay. As soon as the money goes into my account, I will pay all the bills and put aside some money for essentials. When the money has been tranferred or paid ,I will tick my list. This way I will be able to check and also make sure that I do not overlook any important matters. I will also list out any extra things that I might have to buy or pay. After that, I will look at how much I am left with. Then only I can spend without worrying of over spending.
Alhamdulillah, so far I am managing well. I manage to save some money (not much but insyaAllah enough for the rainy days).
Okes till then, wassalam..
Salam ramadhan

3 comments:
salam pah, yup. cudnt agree more on this money matter =)
salam ramadhan to u too!
nice tips~ agree on the 1st point.. hehe. preparing the bucks for raya trip from Kulai to Sg Petani. huu... what a loooong way.
have a safe journey to LA! see you among the clouds. (^_^)
kita kena bayar income tax ke?
mcm x cukup nisab je... hahaha
Post a Comment