15 days is over and now I am back to singlehood. hehe don't get me wrong, all my housemates: practicum teachers and the guru ganti, have left the house. so now I'm all alone on my own. Anyway, the school holiday is only one month away. With the workload that I have now I am sure that time will fly (hopefully). I would rather have an messy house (read: messy not dirty) with full of laughter than a clean but quiet house. I know it's not easy to maintain a house full of people. Some people may make a mess in the kitchen: didn't bother to clean their own plate or wash the pot and pan after they cook. The toilet may get dirty and everyone think that someone else has to clean the toilet. Usually the one who clean the place the one that most kesah about the cleanliness of the house.
The thing is, it's different when there are two people in the house even when we sit in our room compare to an empty house with only ME alone. haih.... ANyway, I know that I should be grateful that I have a place to stay.
The thing is, it's different when there are two people in the house even when we sit in our room compare to an empty house with only ME alone. haih.... ANyway, I know that I should be grateful that I have a place to stay.
On a different note, I have been thinking about what one of my pupil said on friday. This was what he told me:
J: Cikgu, mak dan adik saya ada di kuala lumpur
Me: Buat ape kat kuala lumpur?
J: Mak saya cari kerja di sana.
Me: Habis tu siape jage awak sekarang?
J: Mak saya yang lain.
Me: Mak awak ade kat sini ke sekarang?
J: Tak cikgu, mak betul saya ada di Sabah.
Me (semakin konfius): Mak betul awak ade kat sabah, yang kat kl tu mak ape?
J: Yang tu mak tiri saya cikgu.
Me: Yang jage awak ni mak yang mane pulak?
J: Tu mak sarimah... mak angkat saye (his eyes is watery already)
Me: Eh, kenapa awak menangis?
F: Dia rindu mak dia cikgu...
J blinking the tears away but they are still watery.
After the class, I thought: have you ever sit and listen to your students? Especially the most disruptive ones in the class. You'll learn that their life has not been as easy and as peaceful as ours. What really get me is "padanlah dia nakal semacam. Keluarganya macam tu". In 3B I have learned that many of them come from broken family. In my other class, my kids can't afford to come to tuition class (SBT) in the afternoon just because they do not have 50cents to pay the van fees.
Sometimes, I fell guilty when I scold them. KAdang-kadang tak gamak nak marah. But, how can I not?
I think I'll stop now. Take care everyone.
Till then, wassalam
Sometimes, I fell guilty when I scold them. KAdang-kadang tak gamak nak marah. But, how can I not?
I think I'll stop now. Take care everyone.
Till then, wassalam

5 comments:
salam wrb fifah..
Sometimes when we face these kind of boisterous kids, we need to strict at them thru punishment and at the same time be a loving teacher to them by giving reward/praise if they've done good effort..
I hv learnt that the first impression when teachers entering class is very2 important and kids will evaluate it..that's why mule2 kne tnjuk muka garang skit kt bdk2 ni n try to win their heart..i know it's tough to do so esp when kids disobey us but at least u hv try what u should do as teacher... At moment bnyk2la bsabar n kuatkn semangat..mungkin itu adlh satu cara Allah nk menguji sejauh mana ketabahan hambaNya...keep ur gd effort n do enjoying teaching children.. :-)
huhu sedihnya.. bagusnye akak kuat dgr cite students2 camtu. kalu saya, ikut sama nangis kot.
bersyukur sangat sbb beruntung dapat family yang complete walaupun xkaya. astaghfirullah, kadang2 rasa melampau minta lebih2 kat Allah, rsa xbersyukur langsung dgn apa yang ade dan dapat. kita sibuk minta benda sampingan, orng lain, family pun xde. huhu..
jazakillah hu khair for sharing kak.
keep on writing. ske baca pengalaman akak.
miss u kak..
semoga sentiasa dalam keredhaanNya.
=)
I like to sit and talk with my students. By doing this, i get to know more bout them. And yes.. majority of them come from either extended family or broken family yet they look strong when they r at school. The naughty ones plak, their parents are kind of neglect them in terms of praying, reciting Quran and all. Thus, i feel the responsibility to urge them but with so many students and only me? and such a limited time? Stakat ni i juz advised them and did a bit of counselling. but did they listen to me and changed? NOT. Mayb step by step kot. I'll try. Lets us GAMBATTE, Pah!
im: i know sometimes we have to be cruel to be kind. cume cikgunye tak mampu dah nak melebih garang kan diri. it's not about being garang tho. it's about being consisten with any punishment that i give.
izy: wiyk... yup, we need to be grateful and thankful to Allah for all the things we have.takpe lagi 2 tahun izy pun boleh share cerite izy jugak. time tu akak pulak bace cerite izt =P
u take care too cik adik.
~hugs
mi: haha.. memang tak akan buat pun... tapi sometimes i think just by listening make them feel that someone out there actually care about them. mari kite ganbatte same2 mi... great teacher in the making hehe... insyaAllah
Post a Comment