Salam wrb,
Last Friday was my last day in SK Batang Ai. InsyaAllah next year, I'll be transferred to SK St Thomas which is situated right in the heart of Kuching. I don't know what to feel. It's a mixture of everything that a person could feel. I will surely miss the school.
Anyway, as usual, before leaving the school each teacher who is leaving has to give a speech. I spent the whole assembly assembling words and ideas in my head of what to say if were asked to give a short speech.
Then my GB said the magic word: Afifah, pergi sampaikan sedikit ucapan". So, I stood up and went to the microphone stand. I stood there and looked at the students. I started the speech by saying "Hari ini hari terakhir cikgu di SK Batang Ai." Then, I had to stop because a lump stuck in my throat. I looked at the familiar faces of my Year 5 kids. Amelina was already rubbing her tears away at the back of the line. Erra's eyes were glistening too. I cleared my throat and continued. I can hardly remember what I said during the speech. I hardly deliver the speech that I had 'written' in my mind. Instead I spoke out anything that crossed my mind. I even forgot to apologise for my wrong doing.. huhu....
The thing about these kids is that they really adore their teacher. That's what I love most being there. You can scold them. But they'll never hold their grudges. They will always greet you with the broadest smile on their face. Yes, they are a bit manja. There were times that I wished I had been stricter with them. But, every morning without failed I love the moment I stepped out of my car or my short walk from my house to school. I like to see the kids running around in the afternoon. I love to see the boys playing football on the field. Simply because they are doing what children are supposed to do.
I wouldn't say there aren't any hard time when I was there. But I had a great time in Sk Batang Ai. Just like what emak said when I complained about teaching "kalau takut dilambung ombak, jangan berumah di tepi pantai" which is true. Not matter what proffession we are in, there'll be ups and downs. But I take it as part of growing up. We'll all learn through experiences. I think in one year I have learned lots of new things about life. It had been a roller-coaster ride: mentally and emotionally. I learned to be independent too. I've form new friendship with few speacial people which I know I will cherish for the rest of my life. I had adjusted from being a true bandarian to learning how to live in a kampung area.
The last eleven months have been interesting. I know I will not forget this place for the rest of my life. It took me 3 months to fall in love with this place. It'll take the rest of my life to forget it (hehe, sound familiar?). Next year, once again I am back in a city. As much as I wish I can join Zul's plan to go back to school next year, I know it'll never happen. So, I just have to keep moving forward. Step one foot after another. I may fall. I may stumble. But I know I can always rise back from any fall and stumble.
Better stop now, wish me luck everyone. One year has passed. Another year of getting to know a new school, community and many more. Huhu. I am starting back at zero.
Anak-anakku, till we meet again insyaAllah. Belajar rajin-rajin ye. Cikgu sayang kamu.
Till then, wassalam.
Last Friday was my last day in SK Batang Ai. InsyaAllah next year, I'll be transferred to SK St Thomas which is situated right in the heart of Kuching. I don't know what to feel. It's a mixture of everything that a person could feel. I will surely miss the school.
Anyway, as usual, before leaving the school each teacher who is leaving has to give a speech. I spent the whole assembly assembling words and ideas in my head of what to say if were asked to give a short speech.
Then my GB said the magic word: Afifah, pergi sampaikan sedikit ucapan". So, I stood up and went to the microphone stand. I stood there and looked at the students. I started the speech by saying "Hari ini hari terakhir cikgu di SK Batang Ai." Then, I had to stop because a lump stuck in my throat. I looked at the familiar faces of my Year 5 kids. Amelina was already rubbing her tears away at the back of the line. Erra's eyes were glistening too. I cleared my throat and continued. I can hardly remember what I said during the speech. I hardly deliver the speech that I had 'written' in my mind. Instead I spoke out anything that crossed my mind. I even forgot to apologise for my wrong doing.. huhu....
The thing about these kids is that they really adore their teacher. That's what I love most being there. You can scold them. But they'll never hold their grudges. They will always greet you with the broadest smile on their face. Yes, they are a bit manja. There were times that I wished I had been stricter with them. But, every morning without failed I love the moment I stepped out of my car or my short walk from my house to school. I like to see the kids running around in the afternoon. I love to see the boys playing football on the field. Simply because they are doing what children are supposed to do.
I wouldn't say there aren't any hard time when I was there. But I had a great time in Sk Batang Ai. Just like what emak said when I complained about teaching "kalau takut dilambung ombak, jangan berumah di tepi pantai" which is true. Not matter what proffession we are in, there'll be ups and downs. But I take it as part of growing up. We'll all learn through experiences. I think in one year I have learned lots of new things about life. It had been a roller-coaster ride: mentally and emotionally. I learned to be independent too. I've form new friendship with few speacial people which I know I will cherish for the rest of my life. I had adjusted from being a true bandarian to learning how to live in a kampung area.
The last eleven months have been interesting. I know I will not forget this place for the rest of my life. It took me 3 months to fall in love with this place. It'll take the rest of my life to forget it (hehe, sound familiar?). Next year, once again I am back in a city. As much as I wish I can join Zul's plan to go back to school next year, I know it'll never happen. So, I just have to keep moving forward. Step one foot after another. I may fall. I may stumble. But I know I can always rise back from any fall and stumble.
Better stop now, wish me luck everyone. One year has passed. Another year of getting to know a new school, community and many more. Huhu. I am starting back at zero.
Anak-anakku, till we meet again insyaAllah. Belajar rajin-rajin ye. Cikgu sayang kamu.
Till then, wassalam.

5 comments:
salam akak. setahun dah kena pindah ke? huhu..
same here. sedih nak tinggal adik- adik dan 'family' kat cni.
sedihnya entry fifah ni...
syada memang sedih pun (T_T)
akak, jangan sedih ye kena pindah, mesti ada pelangi dekat sana, i.A =)
SETIAP yang berlaku pada orang Mukmin itu adalah BAIK untuknya: rephrase drpd maksud hadis =)
lin: hehe don't worry lin, skrg je sedih. nnti bile dh busy tak smpt nak bersedih2 pun.kenape pelangi lin?
jzkk dear. akak tau, setiap yg terjadi adalah baik2 belaka kecuali pengakhiran yang buruk.
anyway im looking forward to know where u r posted to. akak tumpang suspen sekali.. huhu
Post a Comment