Cempedak goreng has always been one of my favourite food. Nyummm... As cempedak is quite hard to find in JB, abah will only buy the fruit only when he comes across cempedak or when there is someone begging "abah, nak buah cempedak" (ehem ehem that'll be ME.. hehe) when she sees one at the market.
In contrast, in Sarawak I found out that around January to March, the cempedak is easy to get at the Tamu Market. They sell it quite cheap too. Last year, I ate one whole cempedak all by myself.. hehe as my housemate went back to Sri Aman then and if I keep the fruit for too long it'll turn bad. At the end of the day, I got a sore throat -- the aftermath of eating one whole cempedak alone.
Only last week while my housemate and I were preparing dinner on a Sunday evening, I smelled fried cempedak from next door. It smelled so yummy that I felt like going out to buy one and friend the fruit too. So, this morning when I saw buah cempedak at the market, I bought one big and heavy cempedak. I asked the uncle "Uncle buah ni manis tak?" "Gerenti manis punye" kate uncle. I couldn't wait to open the fruit. I could imagine a plate of fried cempedak on the table and it's aroma in my house.
So after we prepared the dinner this evening, I finally kopek the cempedak. I tore it apart when all I could see was 10 ulas of cempedak. I was like... apekah? Sebesar-besar buah ni ada 10 ulas je. Uncle tu dah tipu kite la.. haih..
Thinking back my question was not "Isi dia banyak ke?". Ya lor, uncle tu menjawab soalan. Memang manis pun tapi 10 ULAS JE. apaiii... tak baik tipu orang tau uncle, kesian kat saya. I guess better luck next time. I think I should ask another question the next time I am planning to buy a cempedak " Isi dia banyak ke" besides "Buah ni manis ke?"
Haha or maybe if memang ada banyak ulas pun, maybe I'll get another round of sore throat as I am recovering from nose block and sore throat. Adelah hikmahnye tu..
Huhu sorry for the bahasa rojak. What is buah cempedak in English eh? Jackfruit is buah nangka. Hehe till then wassalam.
In contrast, in Sarawak I found out that around January to March, the cempedak is easy to get at the Tamu Market. They sell it quite cheap too. Last year, I ate one whole cempedak all by myself.. hehe as my housemate went back to Sri Aman then and if I keep the fruit for too long it'll turn bad. At the end of the day, I got a sore throat -- the aftermath of eating one whole cempedak alone.
Only last week while my housemate and I were preparing dinner on a Sunday evening, I smelled fried cempedak from next door. It smelled so yummy that I felt like going out to buy one and friend the fruit too. So, this morning when I saw buah cempedak at the market, I bought one big and heavy cempedak. I asked the uncle "Uncle buah ni manis tak?" "Gerenti manis punye" kate uncle. I couldn't wait to open the fruit. I could imagine a plate of fried cempedak on the table and it's aroma in my house.
So after we prepared the dinner this evening, I finally kopek the cempedak. I tore it apart when all I could see was 10 ulas of cempedak. I was like... apekah? Sebesar-besar buah ni ada 10 ulas je. Uncle tu dah tipu kite la.. haih..
Thinking back my question was not "Isi dia banyak ke?". Ya lor, uncle tu menjawab soalan. Memang manis pun tapi 10 ULAS JE. apaiii... tak baik tipu orang tau uncle, kesian kat saya. I guess better luck next time. I think I should ask another question the next time I am planning to buy a cempedak " Isi dia banyak ke" besides "Buah ni manis ke?"
Haha or maybe if memang ada banyak ulas pun, maybe I'll get another round of sore throat as I am recovering from nose block and sore throat. Adelah hikmahnye tu..
Huhu sorry for the bahasa rojak. What is buah cempedak in English eh? Jackfruit is buah nangka. Hehe till then wassalam.

4 comments:
aiyaa..nxt time put picture...
pah, hee~ dont judge the book by ots cover. or dont judge the outer layer of a fruit. ngee~ sedapnya buah cempedak.
saya pun suka cempedak goreng! boleh habiskan 1 pinggan! :-)
paiz: my camera rosak la. at home.. cnt take picture
timah: tu la.. 2 kg dpt berat kulit je. sabar je lah
syada: hehe... mmg enak sekali
Post a Comment