CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

my youth

Salam wrb,

A hadith has been playing constantly on my mind. It has got me thinking and I am still thinking about it.

In a Hadith, the Messenger of Allah May Allah send peace and blessings upon him said that the feet of the son of Adam will not be able to move until he is questioned regarding four things.

Out of these four questions, one question asked will be regarding how one spent his time as a youth. In another Hadith, the Messenger of Allah May Allah send peace and blessings upon him has said that on the Day of Judgement, there are seven types of people to whom Allah will give shade to. It is stated in Bukhari that on the Day of Judgement there will be no shade except for Allah's shade. And from amongst these groups, one group will be those youth who spent their youth in the worship of Allah.

Well I have been thinking, will I be able to answer this question when Allah question me about how I spend my youth?

Will my hand tell Allah that I have been using it to drive around aimlessly?

Will my feet tell Allah that I have been walking around without any specific reason?

Will my eyes tell Allah what I've been watching on tv?

Will my ears tell Allah what I've been listening to on radio and what people has been talking about?

Am I spending my youth worshiping ONLY Allah and have I let go of my taghut?

I think I know the answer to all these questions. So it's up to me to still choose what I believe in or to choose a path that many has trodden. For all I know the Heaven has seven levels for a reason. Is all I want is to sit in front of the door of heaven or even worse do I want to be the occupant of hell?

I think we all know the answer and we all know what we want. Change is not easy. But changing in the sake of Allah will make everything sweet. To struggle and to get His blessing. To get His love and to be one of His best servant. But bear in mind the word struggle is not synonym to easy. It means walking on a road full of obstacles going against what al-hawa' wants.

Wassalam wrb.

0 comments: