CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

changes

Salam wrb

(Off-task mode. I have been staring at the screen since 4 p.m wondering how to analyse the data. I'm totally blank. Now instead of writing my analysis, I'm updating my blog with my mind going around on how to analyse the data that I have... huhu)

In the last three years, I have served in three different schools with 3 different surrounding, environments and lifestyles. My most favourite is my first school. Located in the at the bottom of the hills, surrounded by nature, entertained by the chirps of birds and befriended with some of the most wonderful people I have met in my life. At the beginning life was hard. Coping in a new place has never been easy. I had to learn a new culture, adapted to a 'kampung' life, learned new language and many more. I used to sigh and moan about it. However, now that I think back about it all I can say is thank you Allah for the wonderful experience. I had never imagine being sent to such place. I know it was not Pedalaman 3. But remote enough for someone whose kampung is Singapore and has never experienced kampung life.

Then, I was sent to a boys school. Life was nightmare then. The boys were the source of my unhappiness in school. Every single day, the classroom itself was a battlefield for me. The Year 3 and Year 1 were very hard to control that one time after walking in and out of three dreadful lessons my tears fall right in front of the boys. Fortunately, the teachers and staffs were one of the most friendliest among the three schools. All of them have been working together for so long that they are like a big family. I learned another new language and how to be stricter compared to my first year then (but not strict enough for an effective lesson ~not blaming the boys though, blaming my lack of experience in class control and management).

This year, I am sent to another school which is one of the Sckolah Cemerlang in Johor Bahru. The students are better than the second school. However, now it's all about paperwork. More work, more challenges, more things to learn. In school, there are 1001 things to be completed. I am still struggling to keep to with the pace of the school.

Well, three schools in three years, don't ask me how, miracles just happen. Yup, even though at the beginning the miracles are not something that I like but they do happen anyway and I have no choice but to embrace the changes coming. Bear in mind that changing schools has never been easy. Adapting and learning the culture of a new school takes time. Every year I had to start all over again. Dun worry, now that I am in JB, insyaAllah not going anywhere in these few years. Now, I have to do my best in my current school. It will not be easy as the headmistress is so keen on getting the 'New Deal' and the title of 'Sekolah Berprestasi Tinggi' but I believe that Allah will never give me something that I can't handle. So, if Allah gives me hardship and challenges, I will have to accept them and do my best to overcome it.

0 comments: