
Salam wrb,
(^_^) today for the first time in year 2011, I felt the joy of teaching my 3 sri 2. Teaching them has been a pain in the neck. I always let out a big sigh after my English lesson with 3 Sri 2. There were days that I storm out of the class in frustation because some of the boys were really testing my patient. Some days, I fail to teach anything because I spent the hour reprimanding the boys.
Today, surprisingly after yesterday's outburst, I was amazed to see them seating obediently waiting for me to start teaching. Nobody talked. Nobody walked. Nobody whisper. I was taken aback at such sight ( as is it very rare in 3 sri 2). Secondly, I was not in to teach them English, I had to relief another teacher's lesson. I went in to teach Music.
I asked them if they have learned the Ais Kacang song. As many of them have not learned the song, I firstly asked them to copy the lyric before I teach the tune. So, without any noise they copied the song. It only took them around 5-7 minutes. It is a record compared to the other four music classes that I am in-charge with. Then I taught them how to sing the song. However, as usual, Haziq, my most challenging pupil started to disturb the friend sitting next to him. It happened towards the ending of the song. S, I called his name right after I finish singing the song, as if his name was a part of the song. This was how the song went
Ais kacang
Ais, ais kacang
Bila cuaca panas
dan rasa dahaga
singgah di gerai
ais kacang diminta
susu dan jagung
kacang dan lengkong
air gula berwarna
campur semua
enak rasanya
kegemaran kita semua
HAZIQ!!!!
It turned out as if his name was part of the lyric. So the next second, third, fourth and fifth round of singing this song the children end the song with HAZIQ!. The scene was really funny and we all laughed during this lesson. They enjoy learning and taking part in the activity. Plus, they learned the song so easily that I could do an hour lesson in just half an hour. Yup, one of the days that I enjoy teaching my 3 Sri 2.
Alhamdulillah. Thank you Allah.

0 comments:
Post a Comment