It’s great to know that the Election Day has finished. Yeay , no more ‘belon’ flying here and there. Unlike Semenanjung, the ‘BIG’ people travel in helicopter right here. There’ll be at least 3 ‘belon’ passing by my school everyday. What annoyed us the most is that the students are all eager to run outside to wave at the ‘belon’. Everyone: from the Year 1 to the Year 6 students. They will be up and jumping and they will run… zuuuupppp… to the balcony. It doesn’t matter whether the teacher is teaching or not, they’ll run as quick as they can, hoping that who ever is in the ‘belon’ will see them. After that it was always hard to calm them down. Haih…
However, I admit it is kind of cute for them to do that. I would be happy if I am the ‘BIG people’ in the helicopter. I would wave at them (though I know that the little people on earth cannot see me). But yea…. It’s annoying too. I’d really wish that the election will be over ASAP and we’ll continue life as how it has been for the last two months.
Adding to this, I wish I had my camera with me too. It’s HOT in here. People were campaigning everywhere. There were police tents right before my school gate. I don’t know what they are doing here. They can only see kids walking up and down the road every morning, afternoon and evening.
Meanwhile, I would like to tell you a story about the most common sound that will make my head turn in this house. The sound is “SPLAT”. Would you like to guess what produce that sound? It is something which falls from my ceiling. It is the final outcome after it has gone through processes in a lizard’s tummy. Yes, you are right…. It is the sound of tahi cicak falling on the floor or anywhere in my room.
Have you seen Cicakman the Movie? There is a scene which shows that Apek is surrounded by cicak from the tiniest to the size of an iguana. Haha…. I feel exactly like that. Just that, it’s not that much. Still, if I open the door which connect my house to the kitchen area, every time, without fail I would see at least six lizards scurrying to any hole or dark area they can find. I would always turn my head automatically because I am afraid that it will land on my bed. I am lucky that so far none has landed on me.
This is my house. I know that there are people who lives in older house than mine. I get electricity from SESCO and clean water from JKR Sarawak. Just that at the moment the water pump at the tank which pump clean water to Lubok Antu is not working. Rumors said that we might not get clean water for a month. Haha.. how on earth i am going to wash my clothes, cook, etc. Unlike schools which do not get water from JKR, they have a big blue tank behind their house. I might have to buy a few bins to keep some water. The problem is where can i get the water from. Huhu, i do really really hope the rumour is not true and the water is ready to run when i am back in LA tomorrow.

0 comments:
Post a Comment