CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Third Month

Today, it is officially my third month as a teacher. As I am learning to juggle a teacher's responsibility, my mum is leaving the education field. She officially retired last friday with grand celebration made by her school. Abah said that our house is packed with gifts from evryone. Haha... they are now having a headache of where to put all those presents that mak has received. It shows that she had done a great job as a teacher, lecturer and finally a school principal. Now, we can have her all for ourselves instead of sharing her with 2000+ students and a few hundreds teachers. Yeay.

I know that many of my friends are enjoying being a teacher. Honestly, I don't know. I am having such a bad time handling my students that I am reconsidering. Is this what I'd really want to do? However, in the same time I am enjoying being in school. I love it when my students wish me good morning, selamat pagi cikgu everytime I arrive in school. A few would run to me to greet me. The rest would smile. I feel like being a star in school. Haha.. honestly. They would greet me even when I pass their class. However the downside of it is the students think they can get anything they want from me. That' s why I think I am having a problem controlling 3B. I am not strict enough and I don't know how to tackle their interest. A few are hard to break through.

Enough about my classroom management problem, I think I've complaint too much these kids. Well as my school is SK Batang Ai, it means that we are having election this Tuesday. So yeay, public holiday. Before this, Lubok Antu was a very quiet town. Now, it is full of cars. There are banners everywhere. Anywhere I go people are talking about BN and PKR. What this person has done. What that person has done. Money falls from the skies too. My school will be repainted(hopefully). The students' hostels are under renovation. The contractor told one of my colleagues that they have to finish everything by tomorrow (before the election). The Batang Ai reservoir is also getting a new jetty.

Projects here and there. I just hope that they'll repair (is this the correct word?) the road to Lubok Antu. There are so many holes in it. It feels like riding a horse driving on that road.

Talking about road, Juju has arrived in Sarawak. Now, I have my own transport to move around. The problem is I am not allowed to go out on my own. This means no matter where I go I'll have two passengers with me: Rahim and Zul. My fellow teachers who get posted to SKBA together with me early this year.

Oki doks, till then. I need to prepare my lesson plan for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Izzah said...

juju mantap ah :)

did you get someone to repair YOUR house? hehe

Madam Afifah said...

nope...

tapi pah nk cat rumah pah...

yeye..

bile akak nk dtg sini

cepatlah

isk lambatnye ...