Salam wrb,
Pardon me for being a bit emotional.
Tomorrow I am flying off to Kuching to get things organise. Meet the new GB, see the new house, make sure that I have a place to stay for next year and many more. I'll go back to LA to pack my things and move out of the quarters.
Well, my sister mentioned that I'll eventually love my new school. It's not that I don't want to like the new school, it is just that I am starting to get comfortable in SK Batang Ai. I have learned the kids names. I am able to walk in and out of the staff room without feeling out of place. I can joke around with the teachers. This and many more. I am learning to love the place.
Everywhere we go, we need some time to adapt. The first few months will always be hard. Especially the first three months. Before this I was afraid of the dark. In fact I was afraid of being home alone. I panicked when kak mel left me alone during the first month. i didn't know if I will survive that night. This is because I always ended up with sleepless night when I am home alone or when my roommate leave for the weekend. But Alhamdulillah I get used to it and home alone is not a problem anymore.
Found this when I read a chapter in Ahern's "The Book of Tomorrow"
"As I listened to the silence, I suddenly heard owls hoot, the occasional sheep and call for attention: the sounds of the country night that I'd grown used to drifted into my room". This sentence really struck me. I've learned the familiarity of the surrounding around my house in Batang Ai which makes the house 'homey'. Cluck of the chicken, kokokan ayam (hey how do i say this in English eh?),footsteps from the next house, boys shouting at one another from the boys' hostels, kids running at the astaka in front of my house, cars and motorcycles passing by and many more. I'll miss these little things.
I am also leaving with 1001 memories: sweet and bitter ones. Things improved in Batang Ai as I get to know Kak Najwa and Zul better. Zul becomes my partner in crime. We always work together in many occasions: warden, students performance, class teacher, that now he is like an elder brother. He also sit right in front of me in the staff room, so most of the times he listens to my complain. Kak najwa on the other hand is our elder sister as she always look out for us. She'll tell if she thinks that I am not doing something right. I like it because at least someone is there to remind me. The arrival of the practicum and GSTT teacher smakes things even more better because I have more female friends and that's when I'd really like to be in Lubok Antu.
As usual when we go to new place: new friend, new surrounding, and many many more new things to learn. I'll miss SKBA. I'll miss my kids. I'll miss the peaceful surrounding. I'll miss the dam. I'll miss kak najwa, zul and bibi. I'll miss our outing to Sri Aman and the winding road in and out of LA.
Maybe you'll think "Why la you fill in the transfer form in the first place if you love this place so much? Now you complain complain complain about how sad you are leaving the school" Hmm.. long story. Better not to answer that question. Just that, it breaks my heart to leave such a beautiful place. I am just thankful to Allah for giving me an opportunity to feel what is it like to be in a country area. For giving me the opportunity to get to know the Iban community. For giving me an opportunity to know that somewhere out there far from civilisation the children loves their teacher. Thank you Allah. Thank you Allah. Thank you Allah. I hope this is the last entry on how I dread moving out and I'll miss the place.
Till then, wish me luck everyone.
Wassalam wrb.
Pardon me for being a bit emotional.
Tomorrow I am flying off to Kuching to get things organise. Meet the new GB, see the new house, make sure that I have a place to stay for next year and many more. I'll go back to LA to pack my things and move out of the quarters.
Well, my sister mentioned that I'll eventually love my new school. It's not that I don't want to like the new school, it is just that I am starting to get comfortable in SK Batang Ai. I have learned the kids names. I am able to walk in and out of the staff room without feeling out of place. I can joke around with the teachers. This and many more. I am learning to love the place.
Everywhere we go, we need some time to adapt. The first few months will always be hard. Especially the first three months. Before this I was afraid of the dark. In fact I was afraid of being home alone. I panicked when kak mel left me alone during the first month. i didn't know if I will survive that night. This is because I always ended up with sleepless night when I am home alone or when my roommate leave for the weekend. But Alhamdulillah I get used to it and home alone is not a problem anymore.
Found this when I read a chapter in Ahern's "The Book of Tomorrow"
"As I listened to the silence, I suddenly heard owls hoot, the occasional sheep and call for attention: the sounds of the country night that I'd grown used to drifted into my room". This sentence really struck me. I've learned the familiarity of the surrounding around my house in Batang Ai which makes the house 'homey'. Cluck of the chicken, kokokan ayam (hey how do i say this in English eh?),footsteps from the next house, boys shouting at one another from the boys' hostels, kids running at the astaka in front of my house, cars and motorcycles passing by and many more. I'll miss these little things.
I am also leaving with 1001 memories: sweet and bitter ones. Things improved in Batang Ai as I get to know Kak Najwa and Zul better. Zul becomes my partner in crime. We always work together in many occasions: warden, students performance, class teacher, that now he is like an elder brother. He also sit right in front of me in the staff room, so most of the times he listens to my complain. Kak najwa on the other hand is our elder sister as she always look out for us. She'll tell if she thinks that I am not doing something right. I like it because at least someone is there to remind me. The arrival of the practicum and GSTT teacher smakes things even more better because I have more female friends and that's when I'd really like to be in Lubok Antu.
As usual when we go to new place: new friend, new surrounding, and many many more new things to learn. I'll miss SKBA. I'll miss my kids. I'll miss the peaceful surrounding. I'll miss the dam. I'll miss kak najwa, zul and bibi. I'll miss our outing to Sri Aman and the winding road in and out of LA.
Maybe you'll think "Why la you fill in the transfer form in the first place if you love this place so much? Now you complain complain complain about how sad you are leaving the school" Hmm.. long story. Better not to answer that question. Just that, it breaks my heart to leave such a beautiful place. I am just thankful to Allah for giving me an opportunity to feel what is it like to be in a country area. For giving me the opportunity to get to know the Iban community. For giving me an opportunity to know that somewhere out there far from civilisation the children loves their teacher. Thank you Allah. Thank you Allah. Thank you Allah. I hope this is the last entry on how I dread moving out and I'll miss the place.
Till then, wish me luck everyone.
Wassalam wrb.

3 comments:
Insyallah, u always in gud luck. Maybe kita je x prasan. keep tq to almighty Allah.
salam fifa dear,
heard ur moving to kuching from vilo. it's okay dear. leaving is always the hardest but it is also the beginning of something new. just like you wrote, u are bringing with you memories which no one had the chance to experience but you.
you've made it lubok antu, and i m sure you can do it in kuching. InsyaAllah! do keep us updated on things ok. miss you fifah! :)
wslm tasha dearest,
thanks tash, yup, the very the true =P
don't worry i'll keep on updating the blog.
this time 40 little boys to handle at a time (erk!)huhu...
Post a Comment