CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 29, 2010

I look, I look, I look, I see

While waiting for my housemate who is lost in the city of Kuching to inform me her bearing I waited in juju, listened to the radio and watch the children around me. I walked out of the school building sharp at 11.40am. It was also the time when the children were released from the class.

I sat and I watch.
I saw how the boys faces lightened when they see their parents. I also love it when they ran straight from the gate to the arms of the people who really care about them. One boy stood at the gate looking at every car passing by. I know he is waiting for his dad or mum to pick him up from school. A mother stood under the rain holding an umbrella for 10 minutes before her child finally walked out of the school. The boy ran straight to her and held her hand tight. A car stopped right in front of me and 3 brothers climbed into the car. This reminded me of my school days where my sisters and I waited for emak or abah to pick us up from school. I would look at the cars which passed by the school hoping that the next one is emak's or abah's. I also know that usually I couldn't wait to get on the car so that I can arrive home quickly. Some of the boys ran around my car chasing each other. I love it when boys are being boys. They will chase the other person until they finally get him for revenge. This scenario always makes me smile. Though sometimes I do fear that they might fall and hurt themselves. However I also know the scratch and cut that they get will never stop them from being naughty. So let them fall. It is part of learning and growing up. I also saw some of the most disruptive in my class walk hand-in-hand with his father with a smile. Another one holding to his dad's arm updating his father the events of the day. I realised they may be the one who refused to do their work in class, the ones who would walk around and disturb other pupils, the ones who would give me headache and wonders of what to do to make that day's lesson work but they are also somebody's child who is very much loved and cared.

After seeing all this, I was also reminded of mak and abah and how much I long to go home at the moment. Yup, to know that I am safe and I am able to let my guard down. At times I wonder why do they make me do things that I do not want to do. But I also know that they stop me just because they love me. Haha I have been away for only one month. Homesick already? Hehe maybe because everything is new and I am still adapting. Longing for the familiarity that I had adapted to last year. But in reality, here I am stuck right in the middle of Kuching with the work loads. I am also moving to a new house next week. Pray for me k. Hopefully it'll be much better than this one. Eventhough I have get used to this house, I have no choice but to move out because 600 is too much for me to pay alone.

Haha better stop before I start complaining. Take care everyone. We are stepping in the second month soon. Hope it'll be a better month for everyone. Till then, wassalam wrb.

7 comments:

im said...

600 buck and u pay alone?? what about ur housemate??...better find colleagues 3 or 4 members so that it'll not burden u to pay such amount..tke care..wassalam

Madam Afifah said...

dats y i'm moving out to the new house

im said...

in which area fifah..nearby school?? stay with others teacher right..hope it'll be much cheaper 4 u to rent it..

Madam Afifah said...

juz a few doors away from the current house...

im said...

feelin' homesick at moment ke :-)..no worries within 2 weeks from now u'll be at ur lovely shelter...insyaAllah

Madam Afifah said...

=P biase lah. once in a blue moon rindu rumah... tunggu nak biase n dpt kawan2 lps waktu sekolah je. baru 'hidup' sket kt kota kuching ni.

Rosyada said...

"I realised they may be the one who refused to do their work in class, the ones who would walk around and disturb other pupils, the ones who would give me headache and wonders of what to do to make that day's lesson work but they are also somebody's child who is very much loved and cared." <--- so true!!