Today as I walked into the class the year 1 kids were talking, running, throwing pencil colour and doing everything that a 7 year-old should do. I tried to settle them down. It didn't work tho. I tried to teach a song. That didn't work either. I tried to tell a story. It didn't work too.
So, unable to stand the noise, I quickly explained about number orders. Then: "Open your activity book do page 33 and COLOUR the pictures". This way, the good ones will do their work and I only have to watch out the other half of the class.
Kids were still talking and playing but I was too exhausted to shout anymore. Today, I let them do whatever they want. (Hari ni bagi peluang sbb cikgu dah tak mampu nak marah.)
Akmal Syauqi, a very active boy who loves my attention, brought his textbook to my desk. He sat on the chair next to me.
I said: Akmal can you please do your work. I am too tired to scold you today. Syauqi opened his book. Tried to do his work. As usual it only lasted for 30 sec - 1 mins.
The next minute he was already walking around the class disturbing his friends.
Finally he walked back to my desk. Opened his book and ask me how to do the work.
"Cikgu, camni nak molah?". I guided him. While waiting for him to finish his task, I looked at the class, making sure that no one is harmed or hurt. I called the names of a few boys to stop them from being too naughty.
As I was busy looking at the other boys, Aiman Zikrie came to me and said, "Cikgu kamek nak kemih." I said "Wait for a while. Wait until your friend comes back."
Aiman sat on the chair where Akmal sat. Akmal, who walked away while I was busy scolding some other boys, came back and sat on Aiman's lap. I just looked at them (as long as they are not hurting each other).
That was when Aiman hugged Akmal and said: Cikgu tengok baby.
I said: aih, dah besar ni baby lagi ke.
Akmal: nodding.
Then akmal said: Cikgu kamek masih nenen lagi.
Aiman: Kamek pun cikgu.
Cikgu: Wah, dah 7 tahun pun masih nenen ke. Malu la, kan dah besar dah ni.
Tapi dalam hati: hehe comelnye budak2 ni. I wish I have my camera with me.
Kids being kids. Yup, the cute monsters I see 4 days a week. They give me headache but at the same time they are too adorable to be scolded. However, classroom discipline is very important or they will never listen to any of my instruction.
So, unable to stand the noise, I quickly explained about number orders. Then: "Open your activity book do page 33 and COLOUR the pictures". This way, the good ones will do their work and I only have to watch out the other half of the class.
Kids were still talking and playing but I was too exhausted to shout anymore. Today, I let them do whatever they want. (Hari ni bagi peluang sbb cikgu dah tak mampu nak marah.)
Akmal Syauqi, a very active boy who loves my attention, brought his textbook to my desk. He sat on the chair next to me.
I said: Akmal can you please do your work. I am too tired to scold you today. Syauqi opened his book. Tried to do his work. As usual it only lasted for 30 sec - 1 mins.
The next minute he was already walking around the class disturbing his friends.
Finally he walked back to my desk. Opened his book and ask me how to do the work.
"Cikgu, camni nak molah?". I guided him. While waiting for him to finish his task, I looked at the class, making sure that no one is harmed or hurt. I called the names of a few boys to stop them from being too naughty.
As I was busy looking at the other boys, Aiman Zikrie came to me and said, "Cikgu kamek nak kemih." I said "Wait for a while. Wait until your friend comes back."
Aiman sat on the chair where Akmal sat. Akmal, who walked away while I was busy scolding some other boys, came back and sat on Aiman's lap. I just looked at them (as long as they are not hurting each other).
That was when Aiman hugged Akmal and said: Cikgu tengok baby.
I said: aih, dah besar ni baby lagi ke.
Akmal: nodding.
Then akmal said: Cikgu kamek masih nenen lagi.
Aiman: Kamek pun cikgu.
Cikgu: Wah, dah 7 tahun pun masih nenen ke. Malu la, kan dah besar dah ni.
Tapi dalam hati: hehe comelnye budak2 ni. I wish I have my camera with me.
Kids being kids. Yup, the cute monsters I see 4 days a week. They give me headache but at the same time they are too adorable to be scolded. However, classroom discipline is very important or they will never listen to any of my instruction.

2 comments:
true pah, kids are adorable. even my form 3-the-attention-seekers. X mampu nk marah kadang2.. wthout the attention seekers, d class will b very quiet and passive... coz sumtimes they are the one who will respond to the teaching in class..
huhu true mi.. cume kne ade kesabaran tahap tinggi. penat marah dh mi.
Post a Comment